Top Navigaton

Home About Contact Design Shop

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Waiting on Summer

Summer is always what everybody looks forward to each year. However, my summer in particular is starting to look better and better each day! If you read my last post, you'd have read how I'm applying to be a volunteer at Bonnaroo. And I've been applying to find the perfect internship this summer. Well, I guess I decided that Bonnaroo wasn't enough music for one summer, so I'm working on adding more shows.

Earlier this month my all time favorite band, Fall Out Boy (and proud of it!) announced that they were finally ending their hiatus! That same day, they announced a new record AND a US tour. Being the crazy fan I am, I was sitting at the computer refreshing exactly at 10am, and STILL got the worst tickets in the house. Regardless, I'm just thankful that I'll have the opportunity to be there.



Then! It was announced this month that Boston would be starting up their very own music festival, the Boston Calling Music Festival! I love that Boston recognized the need for an indie music festival and filled that need with such amazing artists. Unfortunately, the festival is the same weekend as Fall Out Boy, so I can only attend Saturday's show; but the Saturday lineup is better in my opinion.



The Saturday lineup includes artists such as FUN. headlining, Matt & Kim, The Shins, Marina and the Diamonds, and Portugal. the Man.

You can check out all the bands mentioned in this post in this playlist!

No comments:

Post a Comment