Top Navigaton

Home About Contact Design Shop

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Bands to Watch v.1 // Walk The Moon

It's been one of those nights where the person you share your bed with gets up wayyyy earlier than you do, and then you can never fall asleep. So, I've been up give or take 4 hours already; secretly wishing my computer would hover to my bed so I could blog while warm. Additionally, I've been abnormally craving a Dunkin Donuts iced caramel swirl extra extra; only because the closest Dunkin is an hour away, I'm sure. Curse you, mountains!

Anyway, today I want to pay homage to one of my new favorite bands! It all started out when my friend Karley told me she was going to see them after I returned to school. She was reading off the tour dates and places when suddenly she says they're playing in North Carolina. Hold your horses... good music? In North Carolina? You know it's either in Charlotte, Asheville, Greensboro, or Raleigh/Durham. Nope, Boone! They were actually playing at a dive bar 20 minutes from school. I take a good opportunity when I see one, and I bought tickets to go, beginning to listen to them non-stop.

The night of the show, we take off to Boone in the pouring rain... of course. When we arrive, there are cars underwater, rivers overflowing everywhere, craziness! We get to the venue where the band is just outside kinda standing around, with a sign on the door that says "WALK THE MOON CANCELLED DUE TO FLOODING." Just our luck!

So if you have an opportunity to see these guys, do it for me! And if not, at least listen to their sweet tunes. I'm listening to their music 50% of the time I'm awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment